Dear IAPSO National Correspondent, We still need one or two (more are of course welcome) nominations for members at large positions of the IAPSO Executive Committee, se below.Johan Rodhe
Call for nominations for IAPSO Executive Committee, 2015-2019
Dear IAPSO National Correspondent,
At the 26th IUGG General Assembly in Prague, 22 June - 2 July, 2015, a new IAPSO Executive Committee (EC) will be elected.
IAPSO Members (National Committees, National Correspondents, or equivalent) are invited to nominate active physical and chemical oceanographers for the next EC.
The present and past members of the EC are given below.
Please note the following:
1. The present President will become the Past President of the EC.
2. The present Secretary General (SG) and Treasurer have each served two four-year terms and wish to retire. Thus these two positions are open. Normally current members of the EC of IAPSO are elected to these positions. In addition, nominations are invited for the President, one Vice President and three EC Members.
3. All members of the EC are elected for one term of four years and, with the exception of the President, may be re-elected for the same position for a second term of four years. In particular the latter applies to one present Vice President and three present EC Members.
4. Nominations must be sent to the SG not later than three months before the 2015 IAPSO Business Meeting in Prague, i.e., not later than 20 March, 2015.
5. Each nomination letter must be accompanied by a short (2-3 page) CV.
6. The nominations received will be scrutinized by the IAPSO Nominations Committee chaired by the present Past President.
President: Eugene Morozov, Russia Secretary General: Johan Rodhe, Sweden Past President: Lawrence Mysak, Canada Vice-President: Denise Smythe-Wright, UK Vice-President: Isabelle Ansorge, South Africa Treasurer: Fred Camfield, USA
EC Members (6): Silvia Blanc, Argentina Toshiyuki Hibiya, Japan Chris Meinen, USA Ken Ridgway, Australia Satheesh Shenoi, India Stefania Sparnocchia, Italy
Executive Committee, 2007-2011:
President: Lawrence Mysak, Canada Secretary General: Johan Rodhe, Sweden Past President: Shiro Imawaki, Japan Vice President: Denise Smythe-Wright, UK Vice President: Eugene Morozov, Russia Treasurer: Fred Camfield, USA
EC Members (6): W. John Gould, UK John Middleton, Australia Isabelle Ansorge, South Africa Stefania Sparnoccia, Italy Silvia Blanc, Argentina Temel Oguz, Turkey
Johan Rodhe Secretary General The International Association for the Physical Sciences of the Oceans, IAPSO Website: http://iapso.iugg.org/
Department of Earth Sciences Univ. of Gothenburg Box 460 SE-405 30 Göteborg Sweden